The Complete Guide to Selling on MOJO Marketplace
If you’re a WordPress theme developer, you know that there are a TON of themes and plugins out there. And it’s getting harder for people to choose between quality products. There are simply too many choices.
How do you help them choose? How do you find that perfect match in a customer for your product?
Well, that’s where MOJO Marketplace can help you. Our main focuses are quality over quantity and making WordPress more accessible to everyone.
For example, take our WP Live product. We provide live WordPress support so that your customers can use your products to their full potential.
If they don’t understand it, how can they see value in it?
Why Sell Your WordPress Themes or Products with MOJO?
If you’re only selling themes to developers or agencies, you’re missing out on a huge, hungry demographic. They want to build websites and they only need a little help.
Take the next few minutes to see what MOJO Marketplace has to offer you as a seller. And if you’re interested, read on to learn how to start selling with MOJO.
Our products reach the customers of these hosting brands right from the cPanel. When someone sets up hosting from one of our brands, your products will be featured prominently.
MOJO Marketplace runs the product platform and one-click installer for these brands. We see about 30,000+ WordPress site installs per week, just through our hosting partners!
In addition to our strong brand associations, we provide excellent support for our sellers. And, on top of that, we work to help you succeed.
Check out our social media profiles, and you’ll see that we promote great products across our channels.
We put genuine effort into getting your theme to the right person, whether it’s through promotion, our WP Live team, or our sales and support representatives.
We also continually create content on the blog that enables new and experienced WordPress users. Our articles make it easier to use your products, and we feature themes and plugins on the marketplace in our tutorials.
The thing is, we want to build trust. So we don’t aimlessly promote products.
Every blog post, email, or social media post we create is designed to help the end user first. That way, the right product is connected with the right customer every time.
We’re focused on becoming the marketplace of digital goods, and we want you to bring your best quality products.
When you succeed, we succeed.
Last but not least, when you sell with MOJO you’ll get paid well. Our commission rates are below.
When you sell exclusively with MOJO, you stand to earn more when you sell more. If you sell with other marketplaces, that’s fine, and you’ll still earn a fair share of the sale.
Want to learn more? Continue reading and use this guide to put your products up on MOJO Marketplace.
The Complete Guide to Selling On MOJO Marketplace
We know that you’re busy people, so we’re going to give you the complete guide to selling with MOJO right here. As you work through submitting your products and setting up your account, keep this guide on hand.
You can use the links below to navigate, or rely on the trusty ctrl-f / cmd-f function to find something specific.
Bookmark this guide now so you don’t lose it. (ctrl – d / cmd -d)
Table of Cotents
- Step 1 – Input Meta Information
- Step 2 – Include Product Details
- Step 3 – Create and Upload Assets
- Step 4 – Submit Your Product for Review
What Can You Sell on MOJO Marketplace?
For now, you can sell themes, templates, and plugins. We are currently expanding our marketplace to include more services and products, so stay tuned.
Here’s a list of categories available for themes and templates today.
Create a MOJO Account
First things first, you’ll need to create a MOJO Marketplace account. Head to mojomarketplace.com, click sign up in the upper right-hand corner, and fill in your details to create an account.
Create Your Seller Storefront
Once you can access your account dashboard, look for the seller tab. Choose My Storefront to begin creating your seller profile.
This is where you’ll provide information and images that our customers will find on your seller page.
Think of your storefront as your marketing website within MOJO. This page will feature your information, links, logo, and a feed of products you sell on the marketplace.
Try to provide all of the following information to maximize your success.
Your brand name will become your storefront title and url slug. You can’t change this (neither can we!) after the first submission, so make sure it’s what you want and clearly indicates your name and purpose as a seller.
The brand banner is a hero image that lives at the top of your seller storefront. Create and upload an image with these dimensions: 975px by 250px.
Your hero image should help customers easily recognize your brand.
Next, upload a logo with these dimensions: 100px by 100px.
Website & Social Media Links
This is a critical part of your storefront for marketing purposes.
The better you can demonstrate your authority and value as a seller, the more customers and fans you’ll gain.
Be sure to include (and create if necessary) the following links and social media handles for your brand:
- Website url
- Twitter url
- Dribble url
- Facebook url
- Google+ url
- CodePen url
MOJO Marketplace API endpoint url
This is an API key we generate for tracking your sales on MOJO Marketplace. This is important for viewing accurate statistics from your seller dashboard.
Complete Tax Forms
In order to withdraw your commissions, you’ll need to complete a tax form through your seller dashboard.
Click the seller tab and choose tax forms from the dropdown. The form you need depends on your citizenship.
Choose yes or no from the prompt below, and you will be directed to the correct form.
Once you’ve chosen, follow the prompts and instructions to provide your tax information.
*You may need to consult with a tax advisor or tax law professional if you’re uncertain about which form to use, or what to provide on your form.*
Upload and Submit Products for Review
After your account and storefront have been configured, it’s time to upload products. Choose my products from the seller tab drop down in your account dashboard.
Next, click Add New Product and follow the steps below to complete your upload.
Step 1 – Input Meta Information
First, you’ll enter meta information for your theme or product. This includes
- The title – What do you call your theme? It’s helpful to choose something relevant that tells customers what your theme does. See our popular products page for good examples.
- Tagline – This is a very short description of your product. e.g. “Ultimate Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme” or “Simple & Minimal WordPress Blog Theme.”
- Type – Choose between Themes & Templates or Plugins & Extensions
- Category – This is the platform your product is built for. The list is shown below.
- Subcategories – You may designate a maximum of 5 subcategories that help specify the type of product you’re offering.
Pro tip: Keep your categories and tags as specific as possible. This will ensure your products are found by the right people.
- Tags – You can add tags to help users find what they’re looking for. You must add 3 tags, or you can add more. However, we have a rule with tags. Tags must be as specific to your product as possible. If every product has the same tags, our search tools become less useful. Target a specific audience for your theme and add the tags they might search for.
Step 2 – Include Product Details
Once you’ve completed the meta information, click next so you can fill in the details about your product. Here are the steps to get it right.
- Theme Description – We provide a visual editor where you can write descriptions and add images and links. Be sure to make this as clear as possible for your audience. Include images that show off what your product can do. And don’t forget to edit, or have someone edit, your writing. The less errors you have in your description, the more your customers will trust you.
Here’s an outline of points you should touch on in your theme description.
- Introduction to your product
- Image that shows the home pages for all your demos and links to your demos page
- Any plugins that are included
- List of features
- What type of support you offer
- Links to documentation and support
- Current theme version (keep this updated) and link to changelog
- Price – You may suggest your own price, but MOJO has a set pricing structure that’s designed to help integrate across all of our marketplaces, as you can see to the right.
- Version number – This is the version number of your product, which you will update anytime a change is made.
- Demo URL – Provide the link to your theme demo, which will be integrated into MOJO Marketplace on your item page.
- Software version – Specify the latest software version for your platform that your product is compatible with. For example, choose WordPress 4.6x if your product has been tested and confirmed compatibility with that release.
- Design specs – Here, you can specify if your product is widgetized or high res and whether or not the layout is responsive.
- Browser compatibility – Choose the browsers your product works with.
- Product files – Specify the file types included with your product, for our reference.
- Features – List the three main features of your product.
Step 3 – Create and Upload Assets
After clicking next you’ll find the assets page. Here, you’ll upload the store images, theme files, child theme files, demo data, documentation, and PSD files for your product. You can also add a changelog here to keep users up to date on revisions.
It’s important that the images be high-quality and meet the size specifications listed here.
- Hero Image 1180px by 660px – This will be the larger, featured image on your item page.
- Square thumbnail 160 px by 160px – This image is used in the sidebar display on all your item pages to show other items you offer.
- Large thumbnail 260 px by 152px – This thumbnail will be used in product feeds, and is essentially just a smaller version of your item hero image.
Step 4 – Submit Your Product for Review
Once you have created and uploaded all your assets, you can submit your product for review. Click the submit button at the top of your page, and you’ll need to complete one last prompt.
In order to submit your item, you’ll first need to confirm that your submitted work is your own or you have the license to sell it. Also specify if you’re selling exclusively with MOJO Marketplace or not.
Once you’ve submitted your item, we will review it for the following criteria:
- Download and install success
- Check for any bugs
- Ensure live demo matches the expectations for the product
Due to high volume, our review process takes about 2-3 weeks. We spend a little extra time to ensure quality, and enable our sellers to be as successful as possible.
Payment and Withdrawals
When you start selling, you can withdraw your commissions from your seller dashboard under the Withdrawals tab.
* Note: You must complete your tax forms before you can process withdrawals. *
Our pricing structure allows you to sell with multiple marketplaces, but exclusive sellers stand to earn more. We reward higher sales volume with higher commissions.
What Works Best
As MOJO works to promote your items and your brand, there’s a lot you can do to help. It’s a win-win situation–the more MOJO does, and the more you do, the better your items will perform on our marketplace. So here are few action items for you that will go a long way.
- Put your best foot forward. Help us help you by putting out quality themes and listing your best products on our marketplace. We understand the desire to do a trial run, but remember, first impressions matter. If you’re concerned about exclusivity with another marketplace, consider developing a theme specifically for MOJO Marketplace customers.
- Create compelling promotional materials. Make sure that customers can easily find your products, and that the value they provide is apparent. Your seller storefront, item descriptions, social media profiles, and website are all areas of opportunity. We work hard to promote your brand, but you need a strong presence across channels to be successful.
- Avoid hangups. Be sure to complete your tax forms and configure your profile so that you can get paid for your work in a timely manner. Also, make sure your products meet the quality standards we strive for before submitting. This will save you time and make the review process faster.
- Build a presence on MOJO Marketplace. When you make updates to your products, reach out to us! We will announce and promote new features and revisions you make and help you keep your loyal customers and earn new ones!
Provide Excellent WordPress Support
As a seller, offering excellent support for your products adds tremendous value. We recognize that not everyone can have support technicians on-hand 24/7. However, our WP Live product can meet that need for you, with WordPress experts on demand for a small monthly fee.
WP Live can enable you to offer your customers basic WordPress help that you don’t have time to address. And, as a MOJO seller, we can keep you up to date with the latest feedback on your products, straight from your customers.
Better yet, you can earn commissions by referring your customers to WP Live through your website and social media. Simply sign up to be a MOJO Marketplace affiliate, share links to WP Live, and earn a commission when your referrals convert.
We pay generous commissions on new and returning users so don’t miss out on providing this valuable product and earning some extra cash.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we are all ears! Leave a comment below. Let’s get to work.